Well we are now into spring, at least some of us are and I hope your having a wonderful time
When you think of God what do you think of?? Providence? Ineffable? Creator?
Whatever you think of God, it won’t do Him justice, He is bigger than we could ever imagine or think.
St. Thomas Aquinas (c. 1225-1274) Believed in God as do I, and he had five ways to PROVE the existence of God.
1. Argument from motion – There must be a first (and unmoved) “mover” since motion cannot go into infinity.
2. Argument from efficient causes – There must be a “first efficient cause” to which everyone gives the name of God.
3. Argument from contingency – Things to do not possess in themselves the reason for their own existence. An explanation for their existence must be found outside of themselves for the must depend on something.
4. The argument for the gradation of being – There must be something which is to all beings the cause of their being, their goodness, and every other perfection, and this we call God.
5. Argument from design – Things without knowledge cannnot move to their end unless directed by someone with intelligence. Therefore there must be an intelligent being who directs all natural things to their end.
Argument three is my favorite to me it’s the most understandable.
I will end with these questions for you.
1. What does God’s answer to Moses “I AM WHO I AM”? indicate about God?
2. What does it mean to God “Father”?
I hope this makes you think as much as it did for me, the Catholic faith is very rich and beautiful as I continue to see in my RCIA class, and every week that passes it gets close set to my confirmation.